Advertisement

the dark side...he he he

topic posted Thu, November 11, 2004 - 10:29 PM by  madame7
Share/Save/Bookmark
greetings, goats.
i have an interesting topic to offer...it spawned from meeting a man last week who got me thinking about negativity. i asked him what sign he was, guessing Scorpio. he said, "nah, something more negative than that." Immediately i knew that he must also be a Capricorn, and then i understood his cynicism, sarcasm, slightly dour attitude....and once i acknowledged that i understood these attributes, suddenly he became warm and open toward me in a way that wasn't remotely apparent when we first met.

i have been called or labeled "negative" by several people who claim to know me fairly well. of course, isn't it the classic Capricorn complaint that "no one *really* knows me anyway"?. but still, it's got me wondering if i really am a negative person, or if people interpret my actions and words that way. in my opinion, i'm a harsh realist. i see things for what they are, and don't candy-coat anything. however, i also see things for what they could be, and often for what they *will* be. (i was born on the same day as Nostradamus so i can't help but be a visionary and at times, a prophet) i consider myself a realistic optimist. i can often see the good in someone or in a "bad" situation, when everyone around me is bummed about the bad things. why others find me negative, i don't know.

anyone else out there deal with this?

m7
posted by:
madame7
Seattle
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: the dark side...he he he

Thu, December 2, 2004 - 8:42 AM
    Hi...I just joined....

I prefer to call it "being realistic" not negative...and yes I'm that way too.

I have to make sure I say that when I'm talking to someone and they don't know my sense of humor or outlook.

John
  • Re: the dark side...he he he

Thu, December 23, 2004 - 3:13 PM
    Hi! Just joined, too.

I've been me for a long time. I'm one of those lucky Capricorns in that I actually look years younger than I truly am. Anyway, a few years ago I learned that "the way I've been" wasn't me at all but someone who, from circumstances, had been forced to be. Lately I've been trying to break from that to claim who I'm really -- a pretty neat and talented individual. The friends I've met this year -- most of them older than me -- tend to say complimentary, positive things about me. So nice to have them as friends.

For example, when a friend says, You're just a clown! I eat that up. Sure beats hearing, You're so negative. Which really means: Why can't you agree with me? [!!!]

My humor certainly can be dark, too. While climbing a steep hill with some other cyclists, one of us turned his head and said aloud, I wonder why she [the driver of the car behind us] doesn't try to go around us? To which I said, She's trying to figure out which of us to run down.

Fri, December 24, 2004 - 3:08 PM

The necessary survival skill for capricorns is sence of humour-and we are know for having a great sense of irony and cynicism - dark humour! It's a must!

I have worked through alot of negetive behavior , but am still rather cynical and pessimistic- that is becuse the world is avery harsh place to be- FACT!

I too would agree that it is realism- who says everything is beautiful all the time? It's NOT, but being able to laugh at our dilemmas is esscential to our survival

Thu, December 30, 2004 - 8:45 PM
        and that explains self-deprecating humor, which i tend to indulge in to keep myself in check. to be able to laugh at ourselves when we are being the most stubborn, the most intense or serious and falling into the same traps we always do, that is what will assist our evolution. i crack myself up all the time--partly because i'm most often the only adult around and i'm pretty funny, but also because humans are just silly.

m7

Mon, March 14, 2005 - 6:54 PM
          yes humans are funny, expecially when their doing dumb things, lol but I too have had a problem with being called "negitive" why because I deal with reality head on? I get a little peeved why dont the other signs understand that with out the Capricorn stability all the signs would be out of whack... lolol we could take over the world hehehehehe

Ciao Bebe
  • Unsu...

Wed, January 21, 2009 - 6:32 PM
    I think people in general are hypocrits. They act all cheerful and positive when it´s all good, but when shit goes down they critisize and whyne. Us capricorns save the positivity for harder times, when it´s needed the most. That´s why wee see humor in situations others don´t. I don´t want to sound like an astro-nazi but I think in general capricorns are smarter and cooler than the avarege sign.
    • Unsu...

Sun, January 25, 2009 - 5:40 PM
      I have been fired from jobs because the Bosses thought my attitude was too negative and pessimistic. spouted some crap about bringing down my co-workers morale. my response was treat the others with respect and like human beings and maybe morale will improve. but they thought I was the problem. not getting jokes, or the cynical/sarcastic humor, yeah I deal with that on a daily basis.

Mon, January 26, 2009 - 9:25 AM
        i've seen that cap problem. not everybody gets that humour you lot have, best to wait it out before deciding who to share that with. i'm one who loves listening to capricorns but then i don't advertise that fact usually so as usual with you caps, waiting it out and finding similar minds is better than expecting people to get it you know?
        VickZ
  • Unsu...

Thu, January 29, 2009 - 12:56 PM
    In the Capricorn mind, we like to fast-forward to the worst-case scenario then work backwards to the best-case scenario. Cause I would hate for a great evening out on the town to be ruined by a surprise drive-by shooting so I expect it to happen. And when it doesn't, well, that's great! Some call that dark but I call it "proactive thinking."

Thu, January 29, 2009 - 6:22 PM
      lmao!
      and i thought i was the only one... typical :p

Thu, January 29, 2009 - 6:33 PM
        yep, i get the negative label all the time... especially by my family.... my mother is an aries and you can imagine what a party pooper i am in her life [evil grin] ;)
        i think we basically have a way of bringing people back to reality... kind of like a slap-in-the-face way of waking people up... we know life can move in any direction, withinin the blink of an eye, and so we do our best to develop plans that are as fool proof as possible.
        we tend to rain on most peoples parades... which is okay... after all, we're the ants, and they're the grasshoppers... just wait 'till winter comes! [evil grin grows grinch-size]
        lol

Thu, January 29, 2009 - 6:38 PM
          It's amazing how I see myself in what you have posted.. So pessimistic yet so grounded in reality... Maybe we are the lead weights to the rest of the zodiac.lol..
          • Unsu...

Sat, January 31, 2009 - 1:00 PM
            not the lead weights. but if all the other signs were as realistic as us then there would be a WHOLE LOT LESS bs IN THE WORLD

Mon, February 2, 2009 - 7:25 AM
              It is funny cuz I know I think that way so I try to be as positive as possible. I feel as though becuase I am already prepared for the worse I can let go of that fear of it happening and just embrace the moment more fully. In turn making me look outwardly positive about life in general.

Mon, February 2, 2009 - 9:40 PM
                WOw, i totally forgot about this post. It has been five years!
                So much has changed in me since i posted this and so much is relevant still to the topic.
                I am so much more positive than i was when i initially started this thread. i have so much more faith and trust in people, and i choose not to see darkness in their motivations but rather, compassion. It's amazing how people respond to me now--like i actually feel like people like me for the first time in my life. They even appear to LOVE me.

So what have i changed? The theme right now stems from a quote i recently heard by Wayne Dyer. "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." I am living this theme as a grand experiment, using myself as a guinea pig to prove that it's true. I choose to see things in a positive light, even if the darker side is a definite possibility, and it appears that what i see reflected back is exactly what i expected to see.

It's important to recognize how much we project our own fears and insecurities upon the world, and insist that it's the other way around. My experience has shown that it all starts >>in here<<. I have never been happier in all my life, and it all started with my decision to be love, see love, and create love in the world.

For those of you who were born in the early part of Capricorn, now is a very important time for you to take inventory of your entire being. Toss out what no longer serves you, on every level possible. You will need to be as light as possible in the next 7 years.

Sat, February 7, 2009 - 1:23 PM
                  I totally agree with you Madame7! What you put out there is what you receive. I suspected this a long time ago but last week I got my confirmation. I witnessed a scene that spoke to me in exactly the same way you did right now.
                  I was in a class, trying to understand bits and pieces of it since I am only a beginner in the subject and this guy with a very rebellious, combative, aggressive attitude was presenting a project. When he finished, everyone in the class started demolishing his project with questions and arguments and it soon turned into a war. It was the first time the class responded so powerfully to a presentation.
                  And the level of stress that the class was subjecting him to was proportional with the level of aggressiveness and rudeness that he was displaying. It was clear the project had big holes and it was very clear that the class was determined to annihilate it without any mercy. Other projects had had big holes too but they had not been "attacked" like this.
                  In the end the professor had to interfere to stop the "war".
                  I remember very little of what was said then but I have a good visual of the scene: the guy fighting and the class responding, the guy blindly insisting on launching personal attacks, the class responding more powerfully than ever.
                  I will never forget this class.

Recent topics in "capricorn love"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
hi am new here realy could do with some help please georgie 0 February 18, 2013
Cap on Cap Action Heather 11 February 26, 2011
cap / cap composite chart berthe 0 September 18, 2010
synastry chart for 2 capricorns berthe 0 September 18, 2010